(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.)
Lite Meal Recipe or Make Ahead Meal
Are you looking for an impressive yet easy brunch idea? Or a lite summer lunch or dinner recipe? This easy Spinach and Feta Quiche fits the bill! Full of fresh spinach and tangy feta cheese, it’s a slice of summer at your dinner table.
I really love to make quiche a part of my “easy meal” routines. If you have a bit of extra time, throw a Quiche into the oven and get some housework done, help with homework, or catch up on a work project while it cooks. You can also bake a couple on the weekend and store them in the fridge for a quick dinner later in the week. Note: If you heat them up by the slice, they reheat MUCH more quickly than attempting to reheat an entire pie.
Putting the Quiche Together
The full recipe is available to print below, but here are a few tips to make sure that your Quiche turns out perfectly!
Make sure that after you place the spinach mixture in the pie crust, you add the shredded swiss cheese and gently stir to mix it together. This will ensure that your filling is easily dispersed.
Next, crumble the feta cheese on top of the swiss and spinach mixture. There is no need to stir the feta into the rest of the mixture, just let it sit on top. A note on Feta Cheese: Fresh Feta that is stored in brine is on a completely different level than the dry mixture you typically find in the cheese section of your grocery store. It’s typically found at farmer’s market, specialty grocery stores, or the specialty cheese section at your local grocery store. If you can find it, buy it! It is REALLY that much better than the crumbles.
After you’ve added all of the filling and cheese, it’s time to add your egg mixture. Gently pour the egg mixture over the filling. Gently use a spoon to ensure to spread it out and ensure that the entire pie is covered.
Now, bake and enjoy your Spinach and Feta Quiche!
An absolutely scrumptious Spinach and Feta quiche recipe. Easy brunch or lite dinner recipe that can easily be made ahead and reheated.
- 1 deep dish pie shell – 9 inch
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cups fresh spinach chopped and loosely packed (substitute 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry if fresh is unavailable)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and saute the onion and garlic until just soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add spinach to skillet and saute until slightly wilted, approx 3-5 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, place eggs and milk in a mixing bowl and whisk together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon garlic, onion, spinach mixture into pie crust.
- Add swiss cheese to vegetable mixture in pie crust and gently stir to mix.
- Top mixture in pie crust with feta cheese
- Gently pour egg mixture into pie crust. Use a spoon to gently guide eggs to cover spinach mixture in its entirety.
- Place quiche in oven and bake for approx 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Keywords: easy spinach feta quiche recipe