The ultimate in comfort food, this filling Salisbury Steak can be ready in just 20 minutes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup and dip mix
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp corn starch + 1-2 tsp water (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for salisbury steak patties
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp of the beefy onion soup and dip mix, 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp ketchup, salt & pepper, and knead with your hands until completely mixed.
- Divide the meat mixture int 4 patties and then drag fork across the top of each to make “steak like” lines.
- Fry the patties in a skillet over medium high heat, browning both sides and ensuring that no pink remains in the middle. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Directions for gravy
- Discard any excess grease from the pan you cooked the hamburger patties in.
- Add water and remaining beefy onion soup and dip mix to pan, stirring until completely combined, making sure to scrape any browned bits from the steak patties up as you go.
- Add remaining Worcestershire sauce and ketchup to liquid and bring to a simmer.
- If desired, in a separate bowl, mix 1 tsp corn starch with 1-2 tsp of water to make a thin paste. Stir into the gravy mixture and continue to simmer until thickened. Salt and pepper to taste.
Return the hamburger patties to the pan, covering with gravy, and let simmer for a few more minutes, until the patties have reheated.
Keywords: Easy Salisbury Steak Recipe