(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.)
Easy Appetizer Pepperoni Pizza Bread
Pepperoni Pizza Sticks are perfect as a kid friendly appetizer, afterschool snack, tailgating, or, as was the case this weekend, an impromptu game night. Super quick to throw together, Pepperoni Pizza sticks actually bake in less time than your average frozen pizza!
Easy Snacks for Family Night
This week has been BUSY. We just wrapped up the second week of school, which has brought with it after school practices, games, and more homework than I ever remember having as a kid. Labor Day weekend included volleyball games, a soccer tournament, and almost 90-degree weather. Everyone was hot, tired, and in need of a break from the busy.
We had plans with friends on Saturday night, but my kids begged for a night in to just chill, so we canceled and hunkered down with some air conditioning and board games. While my son set up a game of Monopoly, I whipped up a batch of cheesy, yummy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks. (Side note: the game of Monopoly lasted much much longer than the Pepperoni Pizza Sticks did!)
And you know what, it was a really GOOD night. We ate, played games, and reconnected with each other. Sometimes you need to give yourself permission to disconnect from the outside word, relax, and just be with your family. And, make a batch of Pepperoni Pizza Sticks while you’re at it. You won’t regret either.
Easy appetizer – perfect for game night, after school snacks, and tailgates. Bakes in less time than your average frozen pizza!
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough (the long tube found with the crescent rolls that you pop open and unroll)
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (the kind that comes in the green can)
- 3 oz sliced pepperoni
- ¼ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper and unroll the pizza dough onto it.
- With the long edge facing you, sprinkle ¾ cup mozzarella cheese on the bottom. Top with the pepperoni, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Top with the remaining ¾ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the top half of the dough over to create what, at this point, essentially looks like a giant calzone. Press the edges together to seal.
- Keeping the dough on the parchment paper, transfer it to a large baking sheet. Brush the beaten egg over the entire topside of the dough.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a bit and then cut crosswise into slices. Serve with warm marinara sauce.
Keywords: Pepperoni Pizza Breadsticks Easy Appetizer Family Friendly
Summer Hygge Recipes
5 Summertime Hygge Recipes - No Cooking Required