(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links.)
This post is part of the series CSA/Farmer's Market
Other posts in this series:
Week number 3 of our CSA share is here and there is a LOT of green. So, how do I use all these greens? I just spent some time on google attempting to figure out how to use kohlrabi, and I think I’ve found a winning recipe! Along with the new kohlrabi recipe, keep reading for a few other tried and true recipes to use your produce.
What’s in the Bag?
- Lettuce – This lettuce pairs perfectly with red onion, dried cranberries, and ‘Ohana Honey Lime Dressing. If there is any left-over dressing, save it and use it in your Broccoli Salad, in place of the dressing.
- Broccoli – Even if you do not like broccoli, this Easiest Ever Broccoli Salad just might change your mind!
- Spinach – If you’d like to branch out from a typical spinach salad, try this Spinach and Feta Quiche. A good Quiche is one of those dishes that your family will love and your guests will appreciate. If baking a Quiche still makes you a little nervous, check out this tutorial and you’ll see just how easy they can be!
- Kohlrabi – Confession time. Every year I get Kohlrabi in my share. Every year I mean to google a recipe and do something with it. Each year, I throw it away, still ignorant on how to use kohlrabi. Not this year! I am going to make this amazing looking Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw from StrawberryPlum.
- Yellow Squash – I can’t believe it’s been almost an entire year since I’ve made “noodles” with yellow squash or zucchini. Just add a little jarred marinara and they are a perfect side dish or lite lunch.
- Green Onion Brats – I haven’t been able to get near my grill for the last week for fear of inhaling a ton of midges. (If you live in an area that doesn’t get invaded every June and have no idea what a midge is, count yourself lucky!) I’m going to boil these and throw them on the grill. Pair them with a salad made with ‘Ohana Honey Lime Dressing for a sweet and savory meal.
Yum, I can’t wait to get these fresh green veggies on the table this week! How are you using your veggies this summer?
Continue reading this series:
CSA Share Week #4 – How Do I Use These Greens?