(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.)
Comfort Food Salad – Hot Bacon Dressing
There are “good for you” salads that we turn to when we want to feel good about making healthy food choices. And then there are “might as well have been a cheeseburger” salads that are so yummy you really don’t care that there is nothing “health food about them”. This Hot Bacon Dressing will turn any salad into the latter.
I grew up eating this dressing over endive lettuce and green onions. Today, I make it for my own family and, honestly, if salad could be a comfort food, this is it. You can use any type of leafy lettuce or spinach. I’d recommend shying away from iceberg lettuce, as you really want a leaf that will wilt a bit and soak up the yummy goodness of the dressing.
Hot Bacon Dressing turns any salad into a comfort food! This is a perfect way to dress up any leafy green.
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp bacon grease
- 1 tbsp flour
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- White vinegar – 1/3 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Greens (such as endives or spinach) and green onions for serving
- Dice bacon and fry in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Reserve 1 tbsp bacon grease.
- In a mason jar, add bacon grease, flour, sugar, vinegar, and water. Close jar tightly and shake until well mixed.
- In a serving bowl, add greens, onion, and cooked bacon.
- Just before serving, add hot bacon dressing to salad and mix, coating well.
Keywords: Hot bacon dressing recipe