(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links.)
Refreshing, Lite, Summer Salad
This Grilled Chicken, Chickpeas, and Roasted Red Pepper Salad screams of summer and is super quick and easy to prepare. In fact, you can throw the entire salad together while the chicken is grilling.
Perfect for lunch or a light supper on a warm summer evening, this salad is both refreshing and satisfying. And, because it comes together so quickly, you’ll have plenty of time to visit with your family while enjoying this salad on your patio or deck.
Customize with your choice of cheese (fresh feta and goat cheese are both especially amazing) and make this your summer-time “go-to”. This summer salad is so versatile that you can prepare it ahead of time and let it sit in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat, or you can serve it with warm chicken, hot off the grill.
Refreshing, seasonal salad. Perfect for lunch or a lite dinner on the deck.
For White Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 – 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 oz package baby spinach & arugula mix
- One 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz cheese of your choice such as fresh feta, goat cheese, or fresh mozarella
- Preheat grill
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. If the chicken breasts are particularly thick, butterfly before grilling. They will grill more quickly this way and it will be easier to create bite sized strips when adding to the salad.
- Grill chicken, about 5-6 minutes on each side, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Prepare White Wine Vinaigrette
- Mix olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cover and set aside until ready to serve salad.
- Empty package of salad mixture into large serving bowl.
- Top greens with rinsed and drained chickpeas.
- Add sliced roasted red peppers.
- When chicken is done cooking, slice into bite sized strips and add to salad.
- Top with thinly sliced red onions.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of salad.
- When ready to serve: pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Keywords: grilled chicken roasted red pepper chickpea feta goat cheese arugula salad