(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links.)
Finding fresh asparagus in your CSA Share is a reason enough to smile at spring’s abundance. This recipe from Delish will inspire you to up your asparagus game and upgrade this classic side dish veggie to main dish status. You can enjoy these asparagus bundles as an appetizer, brunch buffet item, or a light dinner (as my family did last night).
The version of the recipe I’m sharing below allows you to substitute in your favorite deli meats. Thick sliced ham and roasted turkey breast both work especially well. A bit of horseradish added to each bundle packs a flavorful punch that makes these bundles anything but bland.
This is one of those fantastic recipes that you can easily customize to match your family’s taste buds. Any way you wrap them up, these bundles are a fresh, quick addition to your recipe repertoire.
This fresh and fast asparagus recipe serves well as a light dinner, appetizer, or brunch buffet dish.
- 32 asparagus stalks, woody ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 package (8 count) crescent dough
- 1 lb deli meat of your choice, sliced thick (recipe tested with ham and roasted turkey breast)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp horseradish (more or less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425º and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, toss asparagus in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the crescent dough and press edges lightly to seal. Cut into 8, 1/2-inch strips.
- Take 1/8 lb deli meat and lay 4 asparagus spears on top, bundled closely together.
- Smear 1/4 tbsp horseradish on the length of the asparagus spears.
- Wrap deli meat tightly around asparagus spears.
- Moving from top to bottom, wrap crescent strip in a spiral around meat/asparagus bundle.
- Place each bundle, seam side down, on baking sheet.
- Top bundles with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until crescent bread is golden brown and asparagus is tender.
Keywords: asparagus bundles recipe