(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.)
This post is part of the series CSA/Farmer's Market
Other posts in this series:
- CSA Share/Farmer’s Market | What Do I Do With This Bag of Produce?
- CSA Share Week #1 – What Do I Do With All This Produce? (Current)
- CSA Share/Farmer’s Market Series | Week #2
The sun is out, summer is on its way, and our first CSA Share arrived this week! While your CSA bag (or Farmer’s Market shopping spree!) may have different contents, I’m confident that throughout the summer there will be overlap.
I’m so excited to go on this culinary adventure with you and make sure that THIS is the year we actually use and enjoy all of the goodies we purchase. If you missed the first post in this series, be sure to check it out here. Let’s get cooking and eating!
Week #1 – CSA Share Recipe Ideas and Bag Contents
- Asparagus – I cannot wait to try out these Deli Meat Asparagus Bundles.
- Kale – a staple this time of year, for sure. Chicken Sausage Garlic Parmesan Kale Pasta is going to be on this week’s menu.
- Hydroponic lettuce – This is going to be perfect for my Grandma’s Hot Bacon Salad. You can also throw together a salad and add this ‘Ohana Honey Lime Dressing…yum!
- Radishes – Simply perfect as is. I am going to use some in my lunch salads and serve the rest with hummus and veggie dip.
- Spelt Berries – Honestly, no idea on this one. I can’t find any recipe that looks both yummy AND uncomplicated. Has anyone ever cooked with these?
- 1 pint Drinkable Yogurt – It already has blueberries mixed in, I think I’ll add some additional berries and make smoothies!
- Whole Chicken – Hands down, this Instant Pot recipe is the BEST way to prepare a whole chicken. Use the leftovers to make a quick dinner of Naan BBQ Chicken Pizza.
Have you picked up your first CSA Share yet? Or, have you hit up your local Farmer’s Market? Let me know in the comments!
Continue reading this series:
CSA Share/Farmer’s Market Series | Week #2