(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links.)
This post is part of the series CSA/Farmer's Market
Other posts in this series:
- CSA Share/Farmer’s Market | What Do I Do With This Bag of Produce?
- CSA Share Week #1 – What Do I Do With All This Produce?
- CSA Share/Farmer’s Market Series | Week #2 (Current)
Week #2 in our series on how to use your CSA Share/Farmer’s Market hall is here and we’ve got STRAWBERRIES! Real strawberries, as in, berries that look nothing like anything you’ve been buying at the grocery store all winter. Maybe later in the season we’ll make a pie but for this first batch, what can you do except eat these straight from the basket?
What’s in the Rest of the Bag?
- Spinach – I’m going to make a Spinach Feta Quiche that is a perfect light dinner or addition to your brunch menu. I”ll post the recipe later this week.
- Lettuce – I’m going to make Hot Bacon Dressing Salad. I made this last week and my family ate every last piece of this salad and is begging for more.
- Broccoli – Broccoli Salad! I’ll post the recipe later this week as well. This recipe is super fast and easy, you can literally throw it together in minutes.
- Rhubarb – I’ve never really cooked with rhubarb, but I found this awesome looking Rhubarb Breakfast Cake . I’m going to make this for breakfast next weekend. It looks a lot less overwhelming than a rhubarb pie, especially since I’m not exactly sure if we like rhubarb yet.
- Green Onions – Okay, seriously check these out…they are the fattest, yummiest looking green onions I’ve ever seen. Again, how can there be such a difference between what our local farmers pull out of their fields and what shows up at our grocery stores? Some of these will go into the Hot Bacon Dressing Salad and the rest will be used to create a Green Onion Sauce that is awesome with chicken.
- Pork Chops – First, I want to say that I love that Fresh Fork Market has an omnivore share that usually includes meat. These pork chops are some of the best and will be marinated in this Steakhouse Marinade and then thrown on the grill. Yum!
Okay, that’s entire bag for this week! Let me know in the comments what you picked up and what delicious things you’re going to make with them.
Continue reading this series:
CSA Share Week #3 – How Do I Use These Greens?