(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.)
Everyone Needs a “Go-To” Chicken Salad Recipe
A quick and yummy chicken salad recipe is a staple to have in your kitchen. This Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad, which combines chicken with pasta for filling, broccoli for crunch, and red onion for an extra dose of tangy flavor is hard to top.
Delicious stuffed into a croissant, the pasta makes it hearty enough to stand on its own. You can also place a scoop on top of a bed of lettuce or spring mix to add extra greens to the meal.
This is one of those dishes that is so simple, yet SO good, I’m asked for the recipe every time I bring it to a potluck. Sometimes, I make a batch on a Sunday afternoon, stick it in the fridge, and pack it for lunch during the week. I can literally eat this chicken salad for 3 days in a row and still be sad when it’s gone.
Everyone needs a “go-to” chicken salad and this will be yours. Whip up a batch for a quick meal or a potluck. This gets more delicious the longer it sits…if it lasts that long!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups small shell pasta
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 medium red onion, diced very fine
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mayo (I used avocado oil mayo)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water until cool. (I usually add a few ice cubes to the strainer as well, to speed up the cooling process.)
- While the pasta is cooking, wash the broccoli and chop into small florets. Dice the onion, using a handheld chopper if you have one, into very fine pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayo, sugar, and apple cider vinegar until well combined.
- Place the cooled pasta and shredded chicken into a large bowl and mix until combined. Add the cheddar cheese, broccoli, and onion to the same bowl, mixing well.
- Pour the mayo dressing over the salad mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe